Sunday, February 26, 2012

DOLCE & GABBANA WOMENSWEAR FW 2013 FASHION SHOW

I had to post this because this collection is so unexpected but I am not sure how I feel about it.

On the POSITIVE side, its is nice not to see the corset bustier dress and a bunch of cheetah / leopard print everywhere.

On the NEGATIVE, I felt overwhelmed after the first 20 looks with the gold, brocade, ornaments, velvet etc. Its like they created 15 different pieces then made them in 5 different fabrics / prints / colors , and made a very long runway show that went from glamous to a scene from Interview with the Vampire. After the first few looks, everything else was expected. Felt like Russian Romanticism which is a nice direction to see for Dolce & Gabbana. I was even willing to overlook that it felt that a more subdued and commercial Alexander McQueen Fall/ Winter 2010 collection. See for yourself -----> http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/corporate/archive2010_fw_womens.aspx

I would wear some of the tailored shirt suits with lace overlay but all in all, its a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment